Every effort is made by the
Municipality to provide the best winter maintenance of sidewalks given the
resources available and weather conditions.
If you notice that a sidewalk has significantly shifted, please contact the Executive Assistant to the CAO / Public Works Department.
Township conducted a Sidewalk
Assessment in 2014. The main goals of the assessment were to:
• Promote active transportation
• Ensure good connections throughout neighbourhoods
• Create a “solid” pedestrian infrastructure
• Improve on safety
• Make sidewalks accessible
• Collect public opinion on sidewalks, trails and active transportation
These goals were developed mindful of the Vision of the Healthy Community Committee: “Linking People and Communities”.