A pool permit is required for any pool that is over .45 m (18 inches) deep, be it above-ground or in-ground, and MUST be enclosed by a fence and gates meeting the Township of Essa's Fence By-law 2013-32 Section 2 subsection 2.5. or if the above ground pool has rigid sides (without a deck) that are 1.2m (48") above finished grade then the sides can be considered the barrier to restrict access provided the access ladder is removable and stored in a secure location when not in use or the access ladder has a roll up type cover that is lockable.
To obtain a pool permit, you will require the following items:
- Application Form
- Site Plan with the following information:
- Location of the pool with measurements to the lot lines
- Septic Systems
- Location of fence and all gates
- Height of Fence
- Final Lot Grading is required in subdivisions *Contact the building Department to confirm that your property has received final lot grading. If final lot grading has not been approved, you must obtain a lot grading waiver from your builder.
- Decks for above ground pools will require a separate permit.