Building Permit Inspections
Booking an Inspection:
All inspections are booked through the Building Administrative Assistant at 705-424-9770 extension 128. Inspections are booked 48 hours in advance. You will require your permit number, your address and lot number, the type of inspection(s) that you wish and morning or afternoon inspections. Times are not given, since some inspections, due to many unforeseen circumstances, are inconsistent in providing a specific time frame.
The Ontario Building Code has indicated that at particular stages of construction, the applicant shall give notifications for required inspections set out in Div. C Part 1 Section 22.214.171.124.(2). In the case of a single family dwelling with the required limiting distance to structures next to it the inspections could involve the following:
- Footings before concrete
- Footings and foundation – prior to backfill, includes weeping tile
- Underground water service piping (where applicable)
- Building sewer and building drains (testing required)
- Structural framing – rough-in for plumbing (testing required) and HVAC systems –roof system in place, doors and windows in place, building watertight.
- Air barrier/ vapour barrier
- Sewage system test hole
- Sewage system scarified base (if applicable)
- Sewage system – installation before backfill (if applicable)
- Occupancy – please note septic system approval required prior to occupancy
Building Department Contacts