Fishing in Essa
Please visit our COVID-19 Updates page for up to date information on closures.
Fishing Parks and Locations
There are four (4) designated Fishing Parks in the Essa Township. When fishing in Essa's Fishing Parks all individuals over the age of 18 require both a valid Ontario Fishing Licence and a Township of Essa Access Pass. Ontario Fishing Licences are issued by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry. Click here to visit their website for more information.
Essa Centennial Park
Angus Community Park
Nottawasaga Fishing Park
Don Ross Drive Park
Please click HERE to view a map of these locations.
Parks Use By-law
- All Anglers (residents and non residents) 18 years of age and older are required to purchase a pass if they wish to Fish on recreationally zoned/ Municipally owned land inside the Township.
- Essa Township’s Senior Residents (65 years of age
and older) are eligible for Senior’s Passes, free of charge. Proof of residency is required.
- See Essa Township By-law 2020-52 Parks Use By-law
- Essa Township has a Zero Tolerance Policy for Racism and derogatory language.
See Essa Township R Zone Policy 2021 R Zone Policy
- Essa Township is located in Fisheries Management Zone 16. Rainbow Trout can be fished all year round from the Nottawasaga River. For a map of where
to fish for Rainbow Trout and Zone 16 regulations click here Fisheries
Management Zone 16 Map. Please note that the Nottawasaga River from the Boyne River downstream (north) to the Pine River Rainbow Trout is catch and release ONLY (S-0 and C-0).
Fishing Access Passes
Day - $10.00 Valid on day of purchase until midnight can be purchased at locations noted below.
Seasonal - $40.00 Valid from Jan 01 – Dec 31 of current year, can be purchased at locations noted below as well as online at "Online Registration"
Senior’s - Free to Essa Residents 65 years of age and over. Proof of residency and age is required. Can be purchased at Naturally for You, Wolf’s Den and the Township’s Administration Centre.
Fishing Access Passes are available at the following locations:
- Administration Centre - 5786 County Rd 21, Utopia - 705-424-9917 (Currently closed to the public)
- Angus Home Hardware - 17 King St, Angus - 705-424-9511
(Senior's passes are not available)
- Naturally for You Health Store - 211 Mill St, Angus - 705-424-5511
- Wolfs Den – 7560 8th Line, Utopia - 705-424-4867
- Seasonal Access Passes can also be purchased online
For more information on Access Passes, please contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 705-424-9917 ext 107.
To find out about the Annual Essa Salmon Derby, visit the Salmon Derby page.