Sign In

Essa Township logo

Welcome to Essa Township

Township of Essa Administration Centre

5786 County Road 21 | Utopia, ON L0M 1T0

Phone: 705-424-9770 Fax: 705-424-2367

Office Hours: Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm

Skip Navigation LinksTownship of Essa > fishing


The Township of Essa has four Fishing Parks for residents to utilize.

Locations of Fishing Parks

Essa Centennial Park
Angus Community Park
Nottawasaga Fishing Park
Don Ross Drive Park

Please click HERE to view a map of these locations.

Access Passes

To be eligible to fish in the designated Fishing Parks in Essa Township, you require a Fishing License AS WELL AS a Township issued Fishing Access Pass.

Fishing Access Pass
Option 1: $10.00 Day Fishing PassGood for one day only
Option 2: $40.00 Access Pass

​Good from January 1st – December 31st of current year. 

This pass automatically enters you into the Annual Essa Riverbank Salmon Derby, which takes place the 3rd weekend in September.

Fishing Access Passes are available at the following locations:

Angus Home Hardware - 17 King St, Angus - 705-424-9511
Essa Township Admin Office - 5786 Cty Rd 21, Utopia - 705-424-9770
Naturally for You Health Store - 65 King St, Angus - 705-424-5511
Wolfs Den – 7560 8th Line, Utopia - 705-424-4867

Payment for Access Passes can also be made using "Online Registration"

Essa residents under the age of 18 or over the age of 65 do not need to purchase an Access Pass. ​

For more information on Access Passes, please contact the Administration Centre at 705-424-9770.