The Township of Essa currently has three splash pads which are open from Victoria Day to Labour Day each calendar year. The hours of operation for the Splash Pads are 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., however Post-Labour Day hours are on a "weather permitting" basis. The Splash Pads and are located at the following locations:
- Community Park -6 Huron Street, Angus
- Stonemount Park - 152 Greenwood Drive, Angus
- Thornton Arena Park - 246 Barrie Street, Thornton
The following are a listing of rules associated with usage of the Splash Pads:
- The Splash Pads are not supervised; Use at your own risk
- Adult Supervision is required
- Children who are not toilet-trained must wear a swim diaper
- No food, drink or glass containers are permitted on the surface of the Splash Pad(s)
- No running, rough play or climbing on the equipment is permitted
- Surface(s) of the Splash Pad(s) are to be kept clean of litter, debris and graffiti
- No dogs or pets or allowed on the surface of the Splash Pad(s)
- No bicycles, skateboards, strollers or sharp objects are permitted to be on the surface of the Splash Pad(s)
Let's work together by keeping the area safe and the surface(s) undamaged!
Contact the Parks and Recreation Department to report any concerns.