to the Township of Essa Election information page. Municipal elections
in Ontario are held every four years and are governed by the Municipal Elections Act. The next municipal election is being held on Monday, October 22,2018.
Election Nomination period change of date
be advised that the Nomination Period for the 2018 Municipal Election
has been shortened due to recent changes to the Municipal Elections
Act. Nominations will not be accepted until May 1, 2018. The deadline
for the submission of nominations is 2:00 p.m. on July 27, 2018. Forms
and candidate information packages will be available late Spring 2018.
- Nomination start date: May 1,2018
- Nomination end date: July 27, 2018, 2:00 p.m.
- Nomination Day: July 27, 2018
- Last day to Withdraw Nomination: July 27, 2018 prior to 2:00 p.m.
- Certification of Nominations: July 30, 2018 prior to 4:00 p.m.
- Announcement of Acclamations (if any): July 30, 2018 prior to 4:00 p.m.
- Revisions to Voters List: September 1, 2018 to October 22, 2018
- Advance Voting Day: To Be Determined
- Election Day: October 22, 2018
- New Term of Council Begins: December 1, 2018
- End of Campaign Period: December 31, 2018
For additional information or for assistance regarding the election , please contact:
705-424-9770 ext 117