Essa Township is home to four designated Fishing Parks which are scattered throughout the Township. These designated fishing parks are enjoyed by many fishing enthusiasts year-round.
The designated fishing parks are located at:
When fishing in Essa's Fishing Parks all individuals over the age of 18 require the following:
- a valid Ontario Fishing Licence
- a Township of Essa Access Pass
Ontario Fishing Licences are issued by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry.
Fishing Access Passes can be purchased online.
Alternatively they are also available by attending the following locations:
Administration Centre - 5786 County Rd 21, Utopia - 705-424-9917
Naturally for You Health Store - 211 Mill St, Angus - 705-424-5511
For more information on Access Passes, please contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 705-424-9917 ext 107.
A Fishing Access Pass is a permit issued by the Township of Essa that allows people to fish in our Fishing Parks.
Fishing Access Passes can be purchased as follows:
Day Access Pass
- Cost $10.00
- Valid on the day of purchase only until midnight
Seasonal Access Pass
- Cost is $40.00
- Valid from January 1st to December 31st of the year the pass is purchased
Seniors Access Pass
- No cost
- Free to Essa residents aged 65 years or older.
- Proof of residency and age is required
Rules of Use
- All Anglers (residents and non residents) 18 years of age and older are required to purchase a pass if they wish to Fish on recreationally zoned/ Municipally owned land inside the Township.
- Essa Township’s Senior Residents (65 years of age and older) are eligible for Senior’s Passes, free of charge. Proof of residency is required.
- See Parks Use By-law 2020-52
- Essa Township has a Zero Tolerance Policy for Racism and derogatory language.
- See Essa Township R Zone Policy 2021 R Zone Policy
- Essa Township is located in Fisheries Management Zone 16. Rainbow Trout can be fished all year round from the Nottawasaga River. Please note that the Nottawasaga River from the Boyne River downstream (north) to the Pine River Rainbow Trout is catch and release ONLY (S-0 and C-0).