You are required to complete and submit a building permit application in order to renovate a structure on your property. This includes:
- other alterations
Apply for a Permit
You need to complete and submit a Building Permit Application in order to renovate structures on your property.
Applicants are required to provide the Building Department with two hard copies of ALL documents as well as electronic copies of all documents. Electronic applications and subsequent documentation can be sent by email to email@example.com.
Building Permit Checklist
Please make sure to include the following information with your application:
- Building Permit Application to Construct or Demolish including Schedule 1
- Site Plan (fully dimensioned)
- Construction Drawings (full size and to scale)
- letter of authorization (if applicable)
- HVAC (includes heat loss/gain, layout, calculations) if applicable
- Energy Efficiency Design Summary (EEDS), if applicable (for additions)
- Schedule 2, if applicable (if septic evaluation/improvements required, separate permit required)
- applicable law approvals
Building Permit Fees vary and are dependent on the scope of your building or renovation project. We will calculate all building permit fees after reviewing the application. You will not be issued a building permit until you have paid all permit fees and obtained all necessary approvals.